Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Emerald Isle? More like the Snowy Isle



So even though all of my Irish friends have repeatedly told me that it doesn't snow all that often in Ireland and that this is just a fluke, it has been snowing fairly steadily for the past six days.  It has gotten to the point that the airport is shut down today and most city bus services have been disrupted (there have been reports of buses not being able to make it over some of the arched bridges over the Grand Canal in the south side of the city).  I don't mind the snow, I rather like it, but the people of Dublin have not really been able to cope well with the few inches we have gotten.  And to make matters even worse, there are no plows and/or salt trucks so roads and sidewalks remain covered in the white stuff.  However, I have been able to use this opportunity to take a few pictures.
The view from my room in Goldsmith Hall.

The Campanile in the front of college.  Notice how some gave the statue of Mr. Lecky a hat so that he won't freeze.  It was very thoughtful.

The beloved Pav (campus bar) and the cricket pitch.

Front Square

No comments:

Post a Comment