Sunday, December 12, 2010

Where did the past three months go?

I am currently sitting in my room trying to do anything but study for my finals that have (one tomorrow, and the other on Wednesday).  I feel like posting to this blog is as good an excuse as any to take a break from studying. 

It's hard to believe that the semester is over already, it still feels like I have just arrived in Dublin and still getting settled, but its time for final exams and essays already.  I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here and the program that I have selected, and it has definitely helped me sort out some priorities (more on that in a future posting), but I am also equally excited to go home for the holidays, and all that is standing  in the way is two finals and paper.

I am looking forward to being back home with my family, seeing my friends from Prep and Lyco, eating some latkes with my grandparents, our traditional Christmas morning brunch with the Mittermaiers, driving (for some reason, I really want to get behind the wheel of my jeep and just drive), and getting a proper iced coffee (which does not exist in Ireland).  I am also starting to get into the holiday spirit, even though the holiday season here started literally the day after Halloween.  My choir went caroling today to raise money for a Dublin-based charity, and it made me think of when the Madrigal Singers would go caroling at the Bridgewater Mall and the annual Lycoming Candlelight service, which is tonight. 

Well, I suppose I should get back to studying as my exam tomorrow afternoon is worth 50% of my grade in that class.  I will leave you with this picture of Grafton Street, all decked out for the holidays.
Lights on Grafton Street in Dublin saying Nollaig Shona Duit, Irish for Merry Christmas

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see you Jordan! It wouldn't be Christmas without you guys stopping by for breakfast Christmas morning! Get home safely!!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto what she said! Can't wait for Christmas morning with you'all

    ReplyDelete