Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Hitting the Links

Today I ventured up to North County Dublin to meet up with my classmate Rob, to finally play a round of golf while I am here in Ireland.  I would have been really mad if I had not squeezed a round into my time here in the Emerald Island.  Neither of us had clubs, which posed a bit of a problem.  We first went to Rush Golf Club in Rob's hometown, a nine-hole links course, but they did not rent clubs, so we went on up the road to Skerries Golf Club.  Because of a slow foursome ahead of us, we paired up with two guys from Skerries and got in a late afternoon nine-hole round.  We would have played more, but we were quickly losing daylight, the rain was moving in, and I really need to prepare for my dissertation presentation on Thursday.  Despite it being my first round of golf in 9-months, playing with rented clubs on a course marked in meters, I managed a 50 (with one or two mulligans).  Not my best nine holes by a long shot, but not too bad either.
Third Hole, Skerries Golf Club


Skerries Golf Club, with the Irish Sea in the background


No comments:

Post a Comment