Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Slán, Éire

I cant believe that the time for my to write this entry has come.  It feels like only yesterday that I just arrived at Dublin Airport waiting for Mary to pick me up.  This semester, and really, the past nine months have just flown by, but it has been a fantastic experience, and I am so grateful for the opportunity to have lived and studied abroad here in Ireland, and for all of my family and friends who supported me throughout the year.

Some news (in case any of you do not yet know), I am attending Rutgers School of Law-Camden next year, and I am very excited for that.  It was a very difficult decision to make (going to law school and then choosing one), but I am confident that I made the right choice.  I actually start a summer class (Contracts) next Tuesday (!), but I am looking forward to it.  Additionally, a paper that wrote for a class here at TCD entitled  "The European Court of Justice and the Single European Market: Two Landmark Cases from the 1970's" was recently accepted for publication in the Journal of Postgraduate Research, which is a peer-reviewed journal published by TCD.  There is a slim chance that I will be selected to present my paper (which means that I would get to come back to Ireland!) and even win 500 euros.

I am both happy and sad to go home.  Happy because I have had a great year, but I am also moving on to new things and places.  I also have not seen my family since January, and Danielle is getting married this weekend, and I am so happy that I can be home for that.  Sad because I have had a great year in Ireland, made some great friends, and just had an overall, great experience, but I know that I will be back here one day.

So, thanks to those of you who have read this blog over the past year, I had a fun time writing.  Talk to you or see you soon!

1 comment:

  1. Transitions are so hard, even for an adept scholar and world traveler as you! Thanks for sharing all your Irish adventures, they were a pleasure to read. Being selfish, though, I'm so glad to be seeing you this weekend. Travel safely!

    ReplyDelete